Only ONE MORE Week Until...

....NYC Marathon! (The picture to the left is the start of about 30,000 people crossing the Verrazano Bridge!)

Between the marathon training, work and lending some help on a fantastic all soccer film festival, Kicking & Screening, which recently wrapped in Washington, D.C., I have let the blog slip. Yikes! Last week my dad asked, "What's going on with the blog?" I had no idea he was such a fan and a good reminder that I needed to get to it!
For now, it's back to the top of my list and a priority. Even if my postings are limited to a quick snapshot of some life observations, my goal is to update it once every few days with the hope of transitioning it over to http://www.annievinton.com/ before the end of the year.

Admittedly, there's no real witty repertoire this posting, just some meanderings and thoughts that have invaded my brain over the last few weeks.

Marathon Training
(A) I blame it on Ethan's Cancer: Training's been tough but one week out and I feel good and couldn’t be happier to be doing it for Grassroot Soccer (http://www.grassrootsoccer.com/) The reason I'm running too, I blame it on Ethan's cancer. One of the founders of GRS, Ethan Zohn, constructed a site for anyone to blame anything on his cancer, which he was diagnosed with this past Spring. It only seemed natural for me to blame his cancer for being crazy enough to run 26.2 miles. Check it out - you can blame him too for anything: a crying kid; a fight with your boyfriend; a husband who won't serenade you and lavish you with gifts on important occasions. You get the "gist' of it! It's fun to do and free for you, but $1 will be donated to a charity every time you blame Ethan's cancer. To get to Blaming Ethan's Cancer as well as read some of the hilarious "blames", click here.

(B) I am in pain, but grateful: During training, when my legs began to lock somewhere around Mile 14 and I all could think about was the ice cold Coors Light I’d be having after limping up the stairs to my apartment, I remembered to be grateful that I can indeed run. It’s a gift. But, please, please someone remind me of this when I’m in the last 5 miles of the November 1st Extravaganza.

(C) Skinny thighs, where art thou? All of this running and training unfortunately for me does not = skinny thighs. I had fantasies of snuggling into super skinny jeans for the big post marathon suarre, but it’s a pipe dream. I only hit my Phase One Skinny Jeans – that’ll do – I like to eat.

Dating


Sadly the above was not intentionally left blank. I keep running (pun intended) into guys who are more interested in Super Models than me - go figure. Refer to (C) under Observations of Marathon Training that reiterates my non-model status.

Music/Movies
I’ve become obsessed with the following recently:

Makingof.com – amazing behind the scenes movie site. One of my fave interviews now is the press junket for Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut – "Whip It."

The following songs, in no particular order: Jay Z’s "Empire State of Mind"; Train’s “Hey Soul Sister”; Beyonce’s “Halo.”

To All You Ladies Out There – Touch Your Boobies
It’s Breast Cancer Awareness month – do a self breast exam. And, if you’re not touching ‘em, have someone else. Early detection is key. If you need some guidance, click here for an instructional link.

Before I wrap this up, a BIG shout out to all fellow marathoners in D.C. (Schneider and Verrone) this weekend and to all in this final week's preparation for NYC!

And, enjoy the video below - - it's one of the tunes that'll be pumping through my iPod as I trek up First Avenue next Sunday!


Comments

Popular Posts